Business Development Representative (BDR)
We are Humanitix
Humanitix is the world's first not-for-profit ticketing platform. We believe businesses that align profit with purpose can solve the world's biggest problems. Our mission is to bring people together to inspire and invest in humanity, far beyond traditional corporate responsibility.
Since launching in 2016, we have grown exponentially, transforming over $2.5M of annoying booking fees into donations to improve the lives of disadvantaged kids around the world. Events on the Humanitix platform range from music and art festivals, conferences, galas, expos, workshops, schools and university events, you name it! In 7 years, we have become the go-to platform for hosts to manage their events, sell tickets, and create impact through our philanthropic model. And the best part? We’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
We are a global business with offices in Sydney, Auckland, and Denver, with 25 amazing humans located in Sydney and 45 globally. At Humanitix, we celebrate the diversity of thought, perspective and expression, and we look for many different skills and abilities that can enhance Humanitix’s offerings and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
For a Cliffnotes summary of the Humanitix model, check out the first 5 mins of Sam Harris' podcast (#271 Earning to Give)
About the team - Sales @ Humanitix
You will be joining the Sales team, who are the humans responsible for driving the growth and spreading the good word of Humanitix.
The mission of Sales is to find organisers currently not using Humanitix and explore ways of improving their business through ticketing. Our hosts love using Humanitix to run their events not only because of our ethical mission, but also due to the incredible pain-points we solve with our tech, the outstanding customer experience we provide, and the cost-savings they receive. As part of the Sales team at Humanitix, you'll help grow this reputation and spread it further and beyond.
As a Business Development Rep, your role is to run the full sales cycle from cold calling and prospecting through to platform demonstrations, negotiating contracts and closing deals. We deeply care about our future clients and never hard-sell. We’re collaborative in our approach and provide serious value to organisers making the switch. We’re looking for someone that’s an incredible communicator with high EQ and a team player. You love the thrill of the chase, don’t take shortcuts, and have a passion for supporting clients in finding the right fit with a solution.
What you’ll do (your day-to-day):
- Run a full cycle sales process, consulting organisers on ways to reduce costs, save time, and increase revenue through our tech.
- Use quality tools to run your process; ZoomInfo, Hubspot, Slack, Gsuite, Atlassian suite.
- Significant opportunities to transition into AE and leadership role
- Build meaningful and impactful relationships with event hosts to expand the network effect and gain customer referrals.
- Serve as an ambassador for Humanitix with event hosts.
- Communicate with hosts through multiple channels and formats (Phone, Email, LinkedIn, platform demos).
- Develop a deep understanding of the Humanitix user lifecycle within the identified verticals and establish close relationships with our passionate community of event hosts to know first-hand what they need to become successful Humanitix users.
- Continuously test, learn and iterate on our sales strategy to drive conversion and engagement with our identified verticals.
- Stay on top of news about products and initiatives, to apply your learning in customer interactions.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Experience in SaaS sales highly desirable although not a deal breaker.
- High EQ and excellent communication skills are essential
- Growth mindset, hunger for learning and a natural curiosity
- Excellent collaboration skills, including being a team player and working with people outside your direct team.
- Agility to learn and adopt new products, features and tools with an interest in technology.
At Humanitix, you’ll learn how to:
- Work hard. Play harder. And maintain a healthy balance. We celebrate great work ethic but also like to have fun. And we recognise that there’s only 24 hours in a day to split your time between your career, loved ones, and passions and pursuits outside of work.
- Make genuine connections by bringing your authentic self to work. Your colleagues can be your friends too, sometimes lifelong.
- Ask for forgiveness, not permission. We encourage experimentation and reward initiative. Have an idea so crazy you think it just might work? Go for it and share the results.
- Give and receive direct and constructive feedback. It may feel uncomfortable at first, but a huge growth opportunity awaits.
- Ask for help and escalate issues. You are not expected to be a superhero.
You’ll love this role if:
- You are passionate about tech, live events and social change and eager to share that passion with others.
- You want to build a career in sales and grow into a leadership position.
- You are a people person - approachable, a good listener, empathetic, and you love helping others.
- You love to add value to your customers and be responsible for their success.
- You're willing to learn on-the-fly and embrace the guidelines and processes behind Humanitix’s unique style of sales.
- You are an energetic, proactive and mature team member who takes ownership of your work.
Perks of being a Human @ Humanitix
- You get to be a part of a world-first global tech-charity that is pioneering a new model of compassionate capitalism, bringing together business and charity in the best way for 100% purpose.
- You’ll rest easy with the knowledge that your day-to-day work is making a positive impact in the lives of Humanitix’s beneficiaries.
- We trust you, we value your opinion and foster a non-hierarchical culture.
- We offer a competitive salary + commission plus salary packaging for additional tax benefits.
- You’ll love our awesome office in the character-filled neighbourhood at The Rocks.
- You get to contribute to our team culture and connect with like-minded human beings who are passionate about our mission and take pride in the work they do.
- You’ll love our emphasis on social events that allow the team to connect outside of the office environment, like our annual off-site retreat as well as fun and quirky celebrations organised by the Vibe Tribe.
- OTE of $104,000
- Base salary $65,000 + superannuation.
- Approx $10,000 in tax benefits. Estimated total package over $120k.
Humanitix’s mission, vision & core values
Our mission is to bring people together to inspire and invest in humanity. Humanitix is an experiment in compassionate capitalism and a new model for charity and business. Our ultimate vision is a world where all businesses, structures and systems work in harmony with humanity to serve the best interests of all people and our planet.
We go all-in for our customers and for each other because we care about what we do. It also doesn't hurt to say “I love you”. Try it.
Think for yourself, say what you believe, and have the curiosity and courage to lead us further forward into new territory. Let's go.
Keep it weird
We celebrate humanity, thrive on individuality, and love all the ways we are different. Bring your true self to work* and be inclusive, open, and transparent.
The world is not f*cked
Yep, it can be a lot better, but there's no future in giving up. We create a better world by choosing positivity, investing in humanity, and forging pathways to progress. Be humane.
In addition to your resume, please submit a short cover letter. Let your personality shine through in the cover letter and help us learn why you want to help empower the team, hosts and customers. What else are you passionate about? What about this job attracts you? Why will Humanitix change the world?
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.