Customer Success Specialist (Denver)
Denver, United States
We are Humanitix
Humanitix is the world's first not-for-profit ticketing platform. We believe businesses that align profit with purpose can solve the world's biggest problems.
Since launching in the US in 2021, we have grown exponentially, transforming over $4.1M of annoying booking fees into donations towards impact projects. Events we work with range from music and art festivals, conferences, galas, expos, theaters, workshops, schools and university events, you name it! We are becoming the go-to platform for hosts to manage their events, sell tickets, and create impact through our philanthropic model. And the best part? We’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
We are a global business with offices in Sydney, Auckland, and Denver. At Humanitix, we celebrate the diversity of thought, perspective and expression, and we look for many different skills and abilities that can enhance Humanitix’s offerings and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
About the SUCCESS TEAM @ Humanitix
You will be joining the Success Team, who are the humans responsible for ensuring event hosts are always having a good time.
The mission of the Success Team is to make a host's experience of Humanitix - and their events - a success. Our event hosts love using Humanitix to run their events not only because we have a great product, but also because of the outstanding customer experience we deliver that’s unlike any other. As part of the Success Team at Humanitix, you'll help build and entrench this reputation.
As a Customer Success Specialist, you’ll play a critical role in managing relationships with our event hosts, and creating new and innovative ways to support them to make their job easier and their events a resounding success. Working extremely closely with your Success Team colleagues, you’ll be identifying event hosts needs and matching them with the right solution - or helping us build a new one! Every day is an opportunity for you to turn another event host into a loyal Humanitix advocate.
The ideal candidate will bring an understanding of and/or genuine interest in:
- The value of building genuine and long-lasting customer relationships
- Technology and how a brilliant ticketing platform can be a powerful tool to make running events easier
- The Humanitix model and communicating our impact to our event hosts
What you’ll do (your day-to-day):
- Build meaningful and impactful relationships with event hosts to expand the network effect and gain customer referrals.
- Onboard event hosts with platform knowledge and navigation and support them along the customer journey, with help from the Customer Success team and in-house engineering team.
- Serve as Humanitix’s brand ambassador with event hosts, giving them a warm and human experience.
- Communicate with hosts through multiple channels and formats (Phone, Email, Livechat, platform demos and training).
- Develop a deep understanding of the Humanitix user lifecycle within the identified verticals and establish close relationships with our passionate community of event hosts to know first-hand what they need to become successful Humanitix users.
- Identify patterns and trends from event hosts' feedback while using them as a foundation to inform and drive future product improvements.
- Continuously test, learn and iterate on our customer success strategy to drive retention and engagement for our identified verticals.
- Continuously track and report on trends seen in the live event and online ticketing industries to inform our roadmap while helping us stay relevant and connected.
- Stay on top of news about products and initiatives, to apply your learning in customer interactions.
- Be a ‘social + cultural hero’ within the Humanitix team. We’re a bunch of weirdos - at least we try to be - so bring yourself and help us build an awesome working environment.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Experience in building engagement and relationships with customers, and/or internal and external business partners and stakeholders to drive growth and retention, such as customer-facing roles in retail sales, hospitality or public relations.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer experiences in any environment and to be invigorated by constant personal interaction.
- Ability to dissolve tension in crisis (de-escalating conflict situations, active listening and keeping customers happy when things go wrong).
- Strong communication skills to converse as freely and comfortably within groups as with one-on-one interactions.
- Excellent collaboration skills, including confidence in contributing as a team player and working with people outside your direct team.
- Agility to learn and adopt new products, features and tools with an interest in technology.
- A curious mindset, a proactive nature, and a great work ethic. We all love working at Humanitix and are dedicated to seeing this beautiful thing grow, as we grow alongside our mission.
At Humanitix, you’ll learn how to:
- Work hard. Play harder. And maintain a healthy balance. We celebrate great work ethic but also like to have fun. We recognise that there are only 24 hours in a day to split your time between your career, loved ones, passions, and pursuits outside of work.
- Make genuine connections by bringing your authentic self to work. Your colleagues can be your friends too, sometimes lifelong.
- Ask for forgiveness, not permission. We encourage experimentation and reward initiative. Have an idea so crazy you think it just might work? Go for it and share the results.
- Give and receive direct and constructive feedback. It may feel uncomfortable at first but a huge growth opportunity awaits.
- Ask for help and escalate issues. You are not expected to be a superhero.
You’ll love this role if:
- You are passionate about live events and social change and eager to share that passion with others.
- You want to build a career in customer success or account management and grow into a leadership position.
- You are a people person - approachable, a good listener, empathetic, and you love helping others.
- You love seeing customers succeed and genuinely want them to have a happy experience.
- You can learn on-the-fly and embrace the guidelines and processes behind Humanitix’s unique style of service.
- You are an energetic, proactive, and mature team member who takes ownership of your work.
- Salary range of $50,000 - $55,000
- Dental, vision and health care provided with no employee contribution required
Perks of being a Human @ Humanitix
- You get to be a part of a world-first global tech-charity that is pioneering a new model of compassionate capitalism, bringing together business and charity in the best way for 100% purpose.
- You’ll rest easy with the knowledge that your day-to-day work is making a positive impact in the lives of Humanitix’s beneficiaries.
- We trust you, we value your opinion, and foster a non-hierarchical culture.
- We offer a competitive salary + 401k and dental, vision and healthcare
- You’ll love our awesome office in the character-filled neighbourhood at RiNo, Denver.
- You get to contribute to our team culture and connect with like-minded human beings who are passionate about our mission and take pride in the work they do.
- You’ll love our emphasis on social events that allow the team to connect outside of the office environment, like our annual off-site retreat as well as fun and quirky celebrations organised by the team.
Humanitix’s mission, vision & core values
Our mission is to bring people together to inspire and invest in humanity, far beyond traditional corporate responsibility. Humanitix is an experiment in compassionate capitalism and a new model for charity and business. Our ultimate vision is a world where all businesses, structures and systems work in harmony with humanity to serve the best interests of all people and our planet.
We go all-in for our customers and for each other because we care about what we do. It also doesn't hurt to say “I love you”. Try it.
Think for yourself, say what you believe, and have the curiosity and courage to lead us further forward into new territory. Let's go.
Keep it weird
We celebrate humanity, thrive on individuality, and love all the ways we are different. Bring your true self to work* and be inclusive, open, and transparent.
The world is not f*cked
Yep, it can be a lot better, but there's no future in giving up. We create a better world by choosing positivity, investing in humanity, and forging pathways to progress. Be humane.
In addition to your resume, please submit a short cover letter. Let your personality shine through in the cover letter and help us learn why you want to help empower the team, hosts and customers. What else are you passionate about? What about this job attracts you? Why will Humanitix change the world?
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.